Lions International Purpose
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To fund and otherwise serve the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To assist financially. Culturally, socially, and morally the handicapped, disadvantaged and infirm of the community both directly and also indirectly.
- To unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest: provided; however that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service – minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavour.
We ask for help and guidance, to enable this gathering to think, act and work in such a way that our deliberations will provide a meaningful contribution to our communities and to our country.
By so doing, may we justly encourage others to seek and to follow a worthwhile example, and to hope that any person who may follow in our footsteps may do so with pride and dignity.